Social Media & Outreach Manager
Bushwick Northwest (BNW) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit focusing on integrated arts education and live performance. We are seeking a Social Media and Outreach Manager, who will be responsible for external messaging, social media management, partnerships and performer outreach.
BNW strives to be an anti-racist entity through ongoing training, diversifying our artist base, and growing representation of our communities across all levels of organization. BNW encourages women, BIPOC individuals, those who identify as LGBTQI+, and people with disabilities to apply for this EOE position.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating daily social media posts and overall social media platform management (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Draft and schedule weekly organizational emails and targeted e-blasts
- Build connections within the Northwest arts scene to increase awareness of BNW and foster new artistic relationships
- In collaboration with leadership team, help manage existing organizational partnerships and identify new potential partners
- Update and maintain BNW websites as needed
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attendance and participation during Bushwick events
- Be an ambassador for the BNW mission, vision, and values.
The Social Media and Outreach Manager will work with the BNW Associate Director and the production team while reporting to Executive Director. This position leaves room to grow within the organization and will work closely with the leadership of the organization.
In consideration of employee health and safety during COVID-19, this position will work remotely until events, classes and more can resume.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ideal candidate is interested in literature, music, and/or performing arts and familiar and connected with the local Seattle/Northwest arts scene.
- Understanding of social media, Mailchimp, Microsoft Office products, and WordPress
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Can take initiative and self-direct, collaborating when needed.
- Dedication to social justice, anti-racist practices, and understanding of the working reality of contracted artists and teaching artists.
– 6 hours per week with flexible schedule
– $16 – $20 per/hour
Please submit a cover letter and resume or CV to: [email protected]
Interested in performing with the Bushwick team!